My favourite non-fiction reads


Since being pregnant I have really got into reading and I love a good non-fiction.
I thought I would share the books I have been loving recently.



The Unmumsy Mum - Sarah Turner


 
As an expectant first time Mom, this was a must. I already follow her instagram and love it so much. So when a kind work colleague lent me this book I was thrilled. Oh my goodness, I was actually laughing out loud as I turned the pages!  It's so funny and a really good insight into what life as a Mom is actually like (as far as other Mom's have told me). No bells and whistles, just the truth, as it comes. Sarah is seriously hilarious. I'm trying to hold onto this book for as long as possible before I have to give it back, so I can read it again once my little one is finally here. A must read.



Happy - Fearne Cotton






I have always been a big fan of Fearne's so it was a no brainer when she published this book it was going to join my bookshelf party. This book has little interactive exercises to do along the way, which I think is a great idea. It also includes interviews with well know people like Craig David and Tom Fletcher. Being a depression sufferer myself I really wanted to hear Fearne's side of the illness as she always comes across so happy in the media (don't we all!). It's comforting hearing someone else's version of the dark times, it makes you realise you are not alone. I loved this book so much that I got Happy The Journal the day after it was published.



The Wrong Knickers - Bryony Gordon






You need to read this! This is another laugh out loud book. Bryony is a naturally hilarious writer and this story of her 20's is a film waiting to be made (eat your heart out Bridget Jones). Drink, drugs, sex and parties were the daily norm for her. The true party girl. I think everyone on some sort of scale or level will relate to being young, stupid and doing things we would now tell our younger selves to stay clear of. I read this on holiday and I was sat by the pool laughing so hard, the other guests thought I was crazy.



Mad Girl - Bryony Gordon






Little did I know Bryony was a long sufferer of anxiety and OCD, so when I discovered Mad Girl it was another must read for me, to discover the truth and back story behind the madness of her 20's in The Wrong Knickers. In this book she explores her mental health, but it's still funny and light hearted while kicking the taboo of mental health up the arse.


If anyone has any recommendations for me, please let me know.


xXx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I get this feeling I can dream tonight

Tassels, Tassels Everywhere

Is it even Chistmas without some sparkle?